What makes Army Dudes different from other war games? Roll a d6 to find out.
Army Dudes lets players use classic green army figures to create their own action movie on a tabletop. This tactical game is for two players and takes about 30 minutes to play. Recapture the feeling of your made-up childhood games — except your friend can’t change the rules on you now.
- Time. It’s designed to be quick; games will last 10 to 30 minutes, instead of hours.
- Balance. All players choose from the same pool of resources, no side has an unfair advantage.
- Choice. Many war games offer limited choices for each unit. Army dudes allows any piece to use any combination of special abilities and weapons.
- Simplicity. There are not any lengthy stat lines in the game. The only thing players need to know about each piece is its special ability and its weapon.
- Expediency. No more having to wait for an opponent’s turn to be over before your units can do anything. In Army Dudes, pieces can react to being attacked — they are not oblivious to what is happening around them. No more worrying about if a piece does not get a chance to take an action before it is killed. Every piece is guaranteed a chance at to be used at least once. No more first turn wipe-outs than leave the second player at a disadvantage before they take a turn.
- Green Army Figures. Who wants to pay $30+ for one squad of plastic miniatures (to build only a fraction of your army) when you can use the most iconic war miniature of all time? GREEN. PLASTIC. ARMY. MEN. Have you seen how awesome these guys look? And each unit is unique: you are not forced to use sub-par units or cannon fodder to make your army. You bring only the pieces you want carrying the weapons you want. Usually they come in a bucket or bag with more dudes than four players could need, and that’s if you do not already have these classy soldiers already boxed up in the attic. Now you finally have a game to break them out and dust them off to play.
Army Dudes is now available for free download at the link below. If you’d like to support us, feel free to buy a copy at WargameVault for $0.99.